Tuesday, April 1, 2008

I'm Getting Older

What a great birthday. All the celebrating has come early this year. My parents sent me home with a new coffee table last week, Sarah tried to send a gift from my siblings today, Arleane came by with a darling scrapbooking idea book (as if watching my kids for the next 10 days isn't gift enough) and tonight my girls showed up to surprise me! Oh, and the African animal heads that we've waited so patiently for the last two years finally arrived!!! Now that's a gift that keeps on giving.


Sarah designed this darling card for me. I ruined their gift by ordering it for myself about an hour before Sarah shipped it. I mentioned ordering it and she got all kinds of angry!



It's with great pleasure that I announce the Gemsbuck has made it home, can't wait until his friend the Kudu is hanging there too!


And last but certainity not least, the gift from my girlfriends! Can you even stand it? They made this darling (LOVE the colors) bag for me and filled it with all sorts of travel necessities. They kept to the travel theme (we've learned from the best). Every pocket inside was packed with something we will need for that horrific plane ride. They even included travel treats and magazines for Drew and Skip. I was so bummed after tearing into it that I hadn't snapped a photo so I tried to recreate the presentation......clearly I'm an amateur. They even got Skip in on the action, the Nano in the front pocket is from him. The girls picked it up and already loaded a couple of books and tons of music for me!
I am thankful for these girls everyday. I truly don't know where I'd be without them. They have enriched my life more than they will ever know! I even felt this way before they delivered the KILLER birthday gift! Thanks girls love you all!


9 comments:

Jelina said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

HEY! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Yep, I am pretty much a loser friend! I am sorry! I didn't even know!

We will have to go out to dinner for your birthday, cheese raviolli with pink sauce of course! Mmmmm, that sounds really good right now!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Wendy said...

Happy Birthday! Where are you going for 10 days? Have fun!

Anonymous said...

Shalece told me to check out your blog to see the purse they all made for you, it is soooo cute!! I love the colors.
I hope you have a Happy Birthday and have a great time on your trip.

Kristin and Jay said...

happy really late birthday! Another trip, come on!!! What's wrong with this Valley that everyone wants to leave so much =)

Terri said...

Jenn,
Glad you all got home safely..Better late than never.
Thanks for coming, it was so full of fun, laughs and memories made. I got on your blog hoping you had been better than I at posting some of our trip pics...I'll race you! T

Terri said...

Love, love, love the animal head! Do we have to go on a hunting safari to get a few of those or can we just order from EBay?
T

christa said...

Really???? April 1st! Today is the 20th, I mean really Jenn, do the math. It's time to turn off the DVR and do a little post with some photos. It's getting really annoying not reading your blog as I lie down here in the sun. . .whatever!

Terri said...

EnviroSam says: Gemsbucks are endangered so don't shoot another one. It may be best to take that head down before our visit to SV this summer. He is quite upset and disturbed,
T