Wednesday, August 27, 2008

First Day of School!!!

Just as it always seems to happen, school start at just the right time. We had a great, eventful summer with cousins and friends.....but a little routine goes a long way. The kids were primed and ready (except for Taylor) for the new school year. Taylor is a whole other story, more on that later.


Taylor started preschool at Stepping Stones. It took about 30 minutes before she was ready to let go of my legs. I hung around while she tried out the play-dough, did a few puzzles and even got to paint her hand for a handprint. Once they headed out to the playground I made a break for it. When I picked her up she was happily playing on the swings with huge smile on her face.

Drew's darling teacher Mrs. Pierce. I think Skip will have perfect attendance this year to all the parent/teacher conferences!! Drew had a great first day. It's so nice to have kids that love school. He tried to act like he was dreading going back but deep down he was really excited.

Dani was excited and ready for school as we headed out the door. We picked up her backpack last weekend in Blackfoot. As soon as we got home she packed and repacked the backpack with all her school supplies trying to get it just right. Arleane commented that she is just like Skip was as a child. A little of the excitement faded once we entered her classroom. Ms. Baxter made a huge fuss over her. Of course she loved having Drew in her class a few years ago and was so excited to get to know Dani. Dani quickly found her desk, started unpacking her backpack and wouldn't even pose for a picture with her good friend Grace. I think it was mixture of nervousness and embarassment that her mom was following her around with camera!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Dani is a super model! Gorgeous. She looks ready to go. Drew is quite handsome as well. Margot starts tomorrow, Tate not until next week. I thought he'd pull a Taylor last year, but he did OK. I made Scott drop him off the first 2 weeks because he tends to cling to me more.