Sunday, August 10, 2008

Warrior Camp 2008

I really can't say enough about Oliver and his life lessons that go along with the Soo Bahk lessons. He has a great way with kids, I love the discipline and confidence that Drew is coming away with!
First day after camp the boys came home with great stories to tell and some warrior face painting. Most importantly Drew arrived home with this huge smile on his face that lasted all week.


The boys loved the archery segment of the camp. Skip spent time with them in the yard each night working on their aim. Both boys turned out to be pretty good shots.


The warrior camp was a great success. They worked on archery, soo bahk moves, bong fighting (fighting with big sticks), and some art projects. The first day their art project was to paint the animal they thought they most represented. Sam chose a tiger (of course) and Drew chose a silver backed gorilla!!??! When I asked him how he chose that animal his response "Well Mom I am really tough!"

2 comments:

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

I just can't get enough of Drew! What a cute stinker! He really is such a good boy! You guys have done a great job!

By the way, I'm sure you CAN'T get enough of OLIVER! Too funny!

Wendy said...

I love the gorilla comment, he does look pretty tough!