Saturday, November 22, 2008

Elk Hunt 2008

Fair warning to my nephew Sam. This is a post you are going to want to skip.

The elk hunt this year is quite possibly the shortest hunt in history. Skip and Roy headed up there Thursday night and stayed the night with the horses and the 5 th wheel anticipating a long weekend of hunting. But low and behold they got their elk on Friday and couldn't wait for us all to come up and be a part of it. Since I had just left the kids at the Smiths (thanks Jason) and Mindy and I were headed out for a very mini girls night out, we put off the visit until Saturday morning.

The horses were the highlight for Drew and Dani. Taylor wanted nothing to do with the whole experience. She wouldn't get out of my arms and there was no way we could talk her into even petting the horses let alone ride on.

And now the prized elk. For any of you that care it's a 5 point. They were fairly proud of it. But more than anything I think they were really excited to get home earlier than expected and enjoy some college football.




2 comments:

christa said...

You suck at blogging ALMOST as badly as I do!!

Terri said...

Thanks for the spoiler warning..I'm not showing Sam that Drew had any part of this post..