Monday, January 5, 2009

Baby It's Cold Outside!!!!

Guess how cold it was skiing on Saturday???

Cold enough to freeze a poor little tongue and lip to the ski lift! Poor little Taylor had resisted the silver, shiny pole all day long. But in the end the curiosity got to her. Hopefully it will only take her once to learn this lesson. Skip and I were on the chair lift with her, about mid way up we hear her making strange noises, Skip panics as he realizes she's stuck and pulling her tongue trying to free it. He is pushing her head towards the pole while trying to blow hot air or spit on it to free her, but she decided it would be easier to just throw her head back and leave a little bit of her tongue and lip on the pole. What a bloody mess!!

10 comments:

Kara said...

Im glad she is ok but it is pretty funny. Reminds me of dumb and dumber and a christmas story!

Just Us said...

That just made my whole body hurt. Poor girl.

Terri said...

OUCH!!!

Poor Tay..It was bound to happen, she probably couldn't see what she was licking because her hair was in her eyes.

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

NO WAY! That gave me chills down my back! Poor Tay!

However, now I suddenly can't get the desire to watch Dumb and Dumber out of my mind! Oh how I LOVE that movie!

Jelina said...

Ohhh! That is so sad, but I had to laugh, too, cuz every kid (including myself) has to do it once in their lifetime. :(

Norris Fam said...

Will you hate me if I say that I'm sorta laughing and feeling bad all at the same time?!?

Tana said...

The important thing is that you got photos. Poor Tay, good thing tongues heal so fast.

Teresa said...

I have a child like that, Jenny Kerr. I feel your pain. And entertainment!

Michelle & Matt's Clan said...

Oh Jen,
That's sad! It's been so spring-like lately. I don't think she could have done it today. We love you Tay. Remember, your Tenney's best girl.

Wendy said...

She takes after her Uncle Gary! He'd totally understand. That shiny polei s just too much to resist. Ouch.