Drew has been working all season long at an afterschool program called L.A.S.A.R.....learn to alpine ski and race. It's such a great program. Our friends Pat and Adele Savaria started it up a few years ago, they volunteer their time each year to help the kids of the valley develop a love for skiing, and possibly even for racing. They have a great group of volunteers that help the whole thing succeed. OK, now that the credit has been given, let's talk about the improvement that Drew has seen this year!! Over the course of 6 short weeks everything just clicked for him. He has developed great form, and a love for speed! He came up short a few weeks ago at the Slush Cup and was very determined to have a great race this week. Skip couldn't believe his form during the Slush Cup, called it a "flawless run", just not enough speed. The Kinder Cup was a different story.....or so I hear. I missed the whole thing, unfortunately so did Bobbi and Poppa John, and Grandma Arleane, and Dani, etc. etc. Who has ever heard of a ski race starting on time?!?! I feel so sad to have missed it.....even more sad for those who drove 4 hours that morning. SORRY! Anyway, Drew's run "blew Skip's mind" he said that Drew "skied out of his head"! Drew was so excited and could hardly wait for the results to be posted.......


I'll never forget his reaction when we went downstairs in the lodge to see the postings and saw a #1 by his name! We double checked it a few times. I didn't want his hopes up if there was any chance of a mistake. He couldn't wait to spread the good news! I'm so glad that even though we missed the actual race Bobbi and Poppa John got to share in the excitement of the awards ceremony.

2 comments:
WOW! Good job Drew! You guys are so good about giving him more opportunities to do the things he loves! How fun!
Way to go Drew!! Sounds like he inherited Skip's skiing skills!
Post a Comment