Friday, May 2, 2008

More on the trip....

Drew and a couple of his cousins. Thankfully we had Brad with us at all times for all the negotiating that had to go on at every stop. Everyone at the pyramids had "good camel for you", they were always taken by surprise when Brad could start rattling off in Arabic.
I'm quite proud of this shot. I think I found the proudest camel out there to pose just right with the pyramids in the background!


When we told Drew the surprise of him joining us on the trip the only touristy thing he cared about was seeing the sphynx. The sphynx exhibit was the perfect example of how OSHA hasn't reached Egypt yet. We walk down from the pyramids towards the sphynx and there is the occasional drop off, no railing in sight, no warning signs, nothing. I guess having 5 kids with us, running everywhere acting like they were at a dusty playground, it's lucky we all came out in one piece.


Drew, Sam and Jack Attack sitting outside the Cairo Museum. They were totally fascinated with the mummies inside.....very creepy, some even had matted down hair still hooked to their heads!


Barb loved the pretzels this mad had to offer at the Khan Al Khalini market. They would have been a lot better with some butter and a lot of salt!!




1 comment:

Wendy said...

Totally jealous!