Friday, September 12, 2008


Stephanie Nielson is one of my "imaginary friends, a friend that doesn't know we're friends" as Skip calls my "friends" from the blog world. I have never met Stephanie or any of her friends and sisters that led me to her. So there is absolutely no explaination to why I'm so moved by her story. Obsessed may be a better word. I check her sisters blog several times a day for updates.
You see NieNie, as she is called, and her husband were in a private plane crash that rocked the world of so many people. The pilot of the plane died. Christian (Mr. Nielson as Stephanie calls him) is burned over 35% of his body. Stephanie on the other hand is 85% burned. She is undergoing frequent skin grafting surgeries all the while fighting infections. The most tragic part of their story is they have 4 children. They are being cared for by her sisters.....maybe this is why I'm so attached. I am blessed to know that if I'm ever in this sort of horrible mess my sisters would step up and fill my shoes.
As I searched back through NieNie's blog to past enteries I am inspired to be more. NieNie it appears was the perfect wife, mother, and sister. I'm sure she wasn't quite as perfect as it looks, but she is a great example of a mother who has figured out how to enjoy the moment. The other "friend" from that family I have is Courtney. She is the sister who willingly took on Stephanie's three oldest children. Courtney's only child is a newborn, and now they instantly have 4 children. I am so impressed with her and her husband. They have been great example's of selflessness. I realize how fast my kids are growing up, but I know I could give more to loving the everyday life of it all. So that is my goal. I'm going to learn from my "friends" and enjoy my family just a little more each day for you never know when things may change.
Enough!! Check out her sister's blog and get inspired.www.cjanerun.blogspot.com.
Peace Out

1 comment:

Kara said...

I have actually been following her blog too. It is so sad!